Supplemental Use of the Carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin in the Jacob’s Journal of Food and Nutrition (open access)
I am proud to provide all of my clients with a 10% savings off of their online supplement purchases by ordering through my Emerson Ecologics professional account. Please contact me directly if you are interested in purchasing your supplements online so that I may provide you with the access code. You will need to set up a free account with Emerson Ecologics to order through this portal.
Feel free to browse my personal supplement recommendations as well as the entire Emerson Ecologics inventory! Click here to view products.
The Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly Tai Sophia Institute) is the leading academic institution for integrative health in the nation. For nearly 40 years, MUIH has educated and informed leaders in health and wellness through transformative and relationship-centered programs that draw from contemporary science and traditional wisdom.
- Local Harvest – Find local farmers’ markets, CSA’s, restaurants and other fresh, sustainably grown food near you!
- Global Footprint Network – How many planets does it takes to support your lifestyle?
- National Nutrient Database – Look up detailed nutrient information for over 8,000 foods.
- National Resources Defense Council – Learn about sustainability for our land, air and oceans. Download the NRDC’s Mercury in Fish Wallet Card to help you choose healthy seafood options.
- Sustainable Table – Learn about the benefits of sustainable agriculture and how to build community through food.
Books & Journals
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH
An excellent guide for women trying to conceive naturally and for those looking for natural birth control solutions.
- Be Fruitful: The Essential Guide to Maximizing Fertility and Giving Birth to a Healthy Child by Victoria Maizes, MD
A thorough guide to fertility that encompasses all aspects of female well-being to help women prepare their bodies for easy conception, pregnancy, and the delivery of healthy babies.
- The Inside Tract by Gerard Mullin, MD and Kathie Swift, MS, RD, LDN
Dr. Mullin offers a comprehensive plan for alleviating many digestive ailments through nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Digestion Connection by Elizabeth Lipski, PhD, CCN, CHN
Learn how to identify and solve digestive imbalances that are often the root cause of many tough-to-solve health problems.
An instant turn-on to colorful, delicious, nourishing food featuring more than 85 simple-to-prepare, sumptuous recipes from little nibbles to satisfying entrees.