- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 6 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup Veganaise
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets and rinse under cool water. Rinse the broccoli in a strainer and steam over boiling water until just tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the bacon. Flip once during cooking and fry until crispy, about 10 minutes.
3. In the mean time, mince the red onion and combine the broccoli florets, red onion, carrots and raisins in a mixing bowl.
4. Once the bacon is crispy, remove from the pan and place on a towel to cool. Chop the bacon into fine crumbles. Add to the broccoli mixture.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Veganaise, maple syrup and vinegar. Pour over the broccoli mixture. Chill for 1 hour or overnight. Serve chilled.